Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sewing

 
A couple months ago I took a fun sewing class and learned to make these Chrysanthemum Pouches (a picture of me on the site is the link to the St. Paul Community Education Class list). My friend and I spent many enjoyable hours together making several for holiday gifts.



After the class I decided it was time get the Singer sewing machine that mom bought for me several years ago at an estate sale serviced. Steve shared some interesting history about this machine: "Singer 66. This is a beautiful machine - constructed in the fall of 1952. It utilizes parts left over from WWII - the black anodized parts. It is in excellent condition (collectable) and will last many generations if properly maintained. It produced one of the best and most dependable straight stitches of any machine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.