Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Crunchy numbers

I'm sure I (David) could have dialed up some local news agency to get percentages without using my pocket calculator, but then to truly understand the numbers, it is often helpful for one to discover them one's self.

From the county I was able to determine that Dickinson received 19.5%, Kelly 26.5%, and Coleman 52%. One would think that if the biggest wiener in a primary get over half the votes, and the other big wieners are within 5% to 7% of each other, that all the wieners should be allowed on the ballot for the general election. But then again, if we had an electoral system that made sense, we would probably end up becoming a communist republic, and the last thing I want is my government telling me that my Tai Chi exercises are a terroristic threat to the government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.