Friday, December 02, 2005

This weekend's entertainment

I (David) saw a flyer at work this morning for Bill Holm at the Fitzgerald (Today). Sounds like fun, but at $30, it may be a bit steep for an author I haven't read in years. Cheaper entertainment alternatives include a theatrical version of a “Christmas Story” being performed at the neighborhood theater. There is also “Touch The Sound” at the Bell Auditorium. I think
this Evelyn Glennie character would be fun to see live, but a documentary on her could be an interesting substitution.

Yet the event most likely to be attended by yours truly is the ska show at the Whole Music Club on Saturday evening. Depending on which sources you most wish to believe, there could potentially be as many 7 different bands playing (one of which is the Second Hand Ska Kings). If you like Mustard Plug, rest assured that all sources can agree that they, at least, will be playing. Fortunately I'm not a big Mustard Plug fan, so if I do go, I may leave a bit early so as to put in an appearance at the Saturday Night Drink-Bike-&-Burn party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.