Monday, October 25, 2004

Hot pants

This weekend was dedicated to getting things done. Friday I (David) dove in to bike projects. Failing to find a suitable frame for winter riding, I decided to sacrifice my blue Raleigh for the single speed conversion. So I went down to the depot to order all the necessary bits. When I went back on Saturday to drop off two Sun tour 36-spoke hole coaster brake hubs as payment for a wheel that I picked up, I saw the perfect Schwinn frame that I had somehow previously overlooked. Unfortunately it is already owned. However, DT-Dave is going to talk to the owner to see if he would be willing to accept my Mongoose MTB (last year’s winter bike) in exchange for this one. Let’s hope it works out. I also started on building Heather’s road bike. The key challenge there is finding STI shifters that are compatible with a Shimano Nexus 4-speed.

In between visits to the Depot, Saturday morning entailed a couple of other highlights. First of which was Andy and I going up to Wyoming to visit the Union House mentioned in one of the last entries of our old blog (sorry, this is one of the few entries that disappeared when mblog perished). We went there so I could pick up the shoes (<-- great site) and pants I had ordered, and so that Andy could look around and make a few purchases. After returning from Wyoming, I was loading up a bike to take to the depot, when I heard fire trucks turning down my street. As it turns out, they went to the same property where they were in July. This time however, I didn’t see Tomo. So first it was the owner’s garage, 3 months later, the owner’s house. I’m really curious what this owner’s insurance situation is like. Perhaps I’ll knock on his or her door when I start my block club campaign (assuming there is still a door to knock on).

Saturday night, Heather and I went to mom's (Jan's) house to move a matress and fix a computer. Sunday, apart form chores and Nascar, was uneventful. Today’s events involve dropping the car tire (that went flat on my way to work this morning) off at the service station to get patched, grabbing a beer with Andy while I wait for the tire to get fixed, and then stopping by the tailor to have my new clothes from Wyoming custom fitted.

For those seeking an update on Heather, she has been spending most of her time working her various jobs; pausing every once in a while for a quick nap. And for friends and family who are wondering why this entry includes a lot of technical mumbo-jumbo about bikes… well, I’ve become aware that a lot of the readers of the blog are coming from bike related sites, so I felt obligated to throw those folks a bone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.