Thursday, December 22, 2005

The lethargy of cold

I (David) done got ill. Just in time for Christmas. The good news though is that I got at least one sick day out of the deal. The (failed) day of recovery was well timed with the arrival of Dad (Mr. Brier). Dad arrived Tuesday evening bearing a station wagon load of gifts. Prior to Dad's arrival Heather and I did a bit of organizing and tidying so as to accommodate Dad's cargo. I finally got around to putting together my 28” wheeled Raleigh during this process, so that it could be properly hung out of the way of the basement work bench.

Coincidentally, I found this version of a 28” wheeled bike while cleaning my outdated amazon wish list. It's a very similar bike except for the double top tube and that mine has internal brakes. I figured I'd write the company and see if they'd even be willing to sell to someone stateside. We'll see if they respond.

Speaking of bikes, and of putting them together; Susie (assuming you read this) I now have parts to create two complete bikes (Kim never claimed hers), so you're welcome to stop by sometime and pick out the best option for your hilly commuting needs. Though you may want to want until my cold is gone, because not only am I contagious, I'm also too tired to be wrenching on bikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.