Monday, April 10, 2006

“What are all these presents...”

“...it seems you're 'showering' her with gifts...teeny baby sized gifts...well...I'll be in the tub.”
-Homer


'Twas a weekend of baby showers. We were making a variety of preparations on Friday. Andy called in the midsts of it all and invited me (David) out. I didn't meet up with him at the Turf club until after the chores were finished. Usually when I meet up with Andy, it is earlier in the day. So I got a rare glimpse into what Andy is like after he's been at the bar for awhile. I found it amusing when he tried to give me directions to his house as I was giving him a ride home. He must have forgotten that I've known the location of his house for almost 15 years.


Saturday was a blast. Mom (Randal) hosted the shower that day at the old homestead. Despite the size of the house, things still managed to get a bit crowded (and we ran low on chairs). Still, all had a good time, and we got to show off the nursery.


On Sunday, mom (Skelton) hosted a shower. Between the two of them we got to see what parenthood was like at all the various stages. Having a fellow expectant mother at the shower could have been Heather's opportunity to finally give advice (as opposed to receive), but Brie has been through the process before.


More photos here.

So now that we've been showered, we are completely prepared for the wee little one. Thanks to everyone for all the supplies and wisdom. This ought to be a cakewalk.

mmmmmmmm...cakewalk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.