Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Cottage House

On Saturday after her last swimming lesson, Quinn and I went to McRae park in Minneapolis in hopes of seeing Santa without the hectic crowds and lines that we'd likely find at a mall. Unfortunately we missed Santa by 10 minutes. Apparently Santa had to leave early for an emergency at the North Pole.

Since we had time to kill, mom suggested we go shopping. She has been raving about a shop down the street from her house for several months now and has been encouraging me to check it out. The shop is in a house that a group of antique dealers rent out to sell their wares once a month. I went in the store with doubts that I'd find anything I'd like. However, to my surprise, I had an armful of stuff within a few minutes including a turtle quilt, Pele lunch box, a Christmas dress and doll for Quinn, and some ornaments. A piece of furniture also caught my eye so after calling David to get the okay, I came home with an antique desk and bench for our entry way.

If you would like to check out the shop for yourself, they are open the second weekend of each month from Thursday through Sunday.

The Cottage House
4304 Chicago Ave.
Minneapolis
612-825-4934

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.