Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day Three

It was more than obvious that Quinn missed Mommy when we got home from a day in daycare. The timing of her "Mommy" inquiries makes me think that a ritual nursing was what she really wanted. However, the frequency of her inquiries/complaints/pleas throughout the evening show that she missed mommy, the person, as well.

Nevertheless, last night the second phase of the great weaning experiment began. Putting an end to co-sleeping has been a process we started over a month ago. Last night Quinn went the whole night without anyone else in her bed (with the possible exception of a cat). Only once were my services needed to help her find her pacifier. Once located, she fell back to sleep before I could put the blankets back on her. When I woke up in my own bed and saw that the clock said 5:30, I was so impressed that I could not fall back to sleep. So I enjoyed a quiet breakfast, and took my time preparing for the East Side Social Networking meeting at 7:30. Grandma came over shortly after Quinn woke up and entertained her while I was at the meeting. Now the two are together at Grandma's house, and when I next see Quinn, Mommy will be with me, so stay tuned to see how the thrilling conclusion turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.