Thursday, May 22, 2008

So Long Green Stairs




















Over the last few days, I knew something was up with the green steps on the west side bluffs. They had been blocked off for the last couple months as had the sidewalk below. On Monday while enjoying a cup of coffee at Grumpy Steve's, I watched as several surveyors and city workers stood at the bottom of the steps and stared up. I was hoping they were there to reopen the stairs.

Unfortunately, yesterday, my hopes were dashed. When I got to work, I looked up and the bridge and landing at the top of the bluff were gone. There were workers cutting the metal and 2 cranes in place taking the stairs down one or two levels at a time. By the end of the day, just a few flights of stairs remained.



Here's the full story from yesterday's pioneer press.
http://www.twincities.com/ci_9327647?source=most_emailed

1 Comments:

Blogger Super Rookie said...

BOOOOOO!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.