Friday, October 29, 2004

That bud is not for me.

I’m getting sick of all these beer commercials. Normally I wouldn’t mind it, but I only ever see two brands of beer being advertised; Bud, and Miller. If I go to the liquor there are a buh-zillion other choices, almost all of them better. Why would I want to buy a crappy beer like Bud or Miller. Sure, every once in a while a Coors commercial will come along, but it’s the same damn crap beer. I haven’t seen a commercial for beers like PBR or Hamms since I was a child, and back then I didn’t care about beer. And you can forget about commercials for good tasting, trustworthy, local brews like Summit. The best beers like that can’t afford to run campaigns in competition with the corporate giants. But what annoys me more than the commercials, is that people fall for their campaign gimmicks, and even though their choices are crap beer or crap beer, they are still duped into believing that there are no other choices out there. Some people even know it is a crap beer, and that there are other choices, but they will still buy it because they think it will dethrone the invented title (the king of beers) of the other brand.

I am David, and I approve of this message. (This message is not necessarily the belief of both participants of this blog.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.