Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"Marge, beer me!"




The new refrigerator was delivered yesterday. The old one was having liver problems, so we decided to put it to rest. In anticipation of the delivery, and in part because the new fridge has built in can dispensers, I (David) stopped by the liquor store on the way home from work to pick up a case of beer. When I got home, the voice mail informed me that I only had ten minutes to empty out the fridge before the delivery people arrived. Surprisingly I was successful with this task, and all went according to plan. I rewarded myself with a couple of beers.

Due to a combination of neglect and liquor stores being closed on Sundays, I had gone without beer for a few days. I'm not a big fan of hard liquor, and recently wine hasn't been treating me well, so I had avoided substitutions. Now that I'm back off the wagon however, I might try testing my skills again as a connoisseur of all alcoholic beverages. Especially if someone pays me for it. Heather had been informed that a consumer products research group is looking for participants for an alcohol study. It would appear that if I don't already drink the brands that they're testing (a likely scenario), then I might qualify to participate.

"Woohoo, free beer!" -Homer

4 Comments:

Blogger Frostbike said...

What is that in the fridge, LaCrosse beer? If so, I guarantee you're not already drinking the brands they're interested in. ;)

And alcohol study? Sign me up!

12:57 PM  
Blogger hereNT said...

Yeah - sign me up for the study, too. I'd be perfect for it!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red, it says here that you are next on the beer list - FYI

MARGE!

9:03 PM  
Blogger hands said...

If I recall correctly, I left you guys a 1/2 case of beer. It may be warm, but you're welcome to it.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.