Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Steel Maiden





The “All Steel” blue Raleigh was dusted off yesterday so as to provide Quinn with her first real introduction into the wonderful world of bicycling. Lacking in baby-sized helmets, we kept the trip short; just down the road to Mounds Park where the baby swings are located. I felt quite naked riding around with a helmetless child on the back. I kept expecting passers by to loudly proclaim my idiocy as a parent. Then I realized that this is the East Side where such third world practices are the norm. Except for the sun being in her eyes, Quinn really seemed to enjoy the ride. Due to the positioning of the child-seat, her feet were conveniently positioned in just the right place to communicate when she wanted to go faster, and she continuously reminded me that i was going way too slow. Perhaps this weekend we will get her a helmet (and me some deluxe-padded bike shorts) and go for a longer ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.