Monday, May 21, 2007

Stick a fork in it




On Saturday, while we were eating lunch, Quinn started fussing. She was eating the same thing we were eating, so we realized it couldn't be envy for our food. I (Heather) realized that she was staring at my spoon as I put it in my bowl and in my mouth. Could she possibly want her own utensil, I wondered. So I handed her a kid-size fork and she knew just what to do with it, though she needed a little help to get the food on the fork.




Later in the day, Quinn, David and I went to Blaine's Velodrome for some good old bicycle track racing. This was a first for all of us. David enjoyed the races, though he seemed more interested in meeting up with old friends (and the fact that there was beer and cheese sticks there) than in actually watching the races. I on the other hand, really enjoyed the racing. Watching people go fast and turn left seems to come as a natural form of entertainment for me. Between NASCAR, speed-skating, and now bike track racing, I can't help but find them all entertaining. Quinn, however, lost interest after watching about two laps around the track. She was more interested in running down the grassy hill nearby. After a while she lost patience with that too and we decided that we should leave the race early though we would have rather stayed.




By the way Little Guy Racing Team...though Quinn was wearing a U of M sweatshirt, rest assured she was not rooting for their team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.