Friday, January 07, 2005

Rude boy can’t play D major

As I (David) was heading home from work this morning, listening to Blanche broadcast the relaxing accordion melodies of Maria Kalaniemi, my mind wandered back to a recent band practice in which the guitarist, Matt, had to keep reminding me “don’t forget to play the F# on that chord”. Even before I first saw the movie SpinalTap, I had fallen in love with D minor. And after years of composing and playing tunes in D minor, I seem to have lost the ability to play D major. When I see a command to play anything “D” in front of me, I just can’t help but play in minor. Perhaps more practice is required. But I’ll do that later. For now, I’m off to buy a Melodica on ebay (rude boy can’t afford a real accordian).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.