Thursday, December 09, 2004

I’s gradutated

Well, not quite yet. But I (David) am done with school. Yesterday was the not-so-grand finally. I think it is safe to say that all went according to my ‘pass the remainder of my classes’ plan. The only challenge now is ensuring I am sober enough to walk straight when it comes time to ceremoniously receive my career entitlement papers (AKA diploma).

Now that it is all over and done with, I’d like to say that I finally have time to take on new challenges. But it would appear that the back burners are already filled beyond capacity. I also have a few tasks tucked away in the microwave, the toaster oven, and some miscellaneous items resting on the radiators. Some day, I’d like to reduce it all to a small cast iron wood burning stove; the kind that demands constant attention and has only 2 burners, but is nostalgic and inviting enough to make passers-by jump at the chance to tend the kettle and fire for a while. Until then though, I have things to do. This world ain’t gunna change itself. Or if it does, I’d hate to witness the disaster that could inspire such a change.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gilby said...

You describe what I perceive to be stress so eloquently. Congratulations on your graduation!

11:25 AM  
Blogger hereNT said...

Sweet - congrats! If you haven't finished that bottle of rum, now would be a good time...

1:59 PM  
Blogger hands said...

Thanks all. And I think I probably shouldn't touch the rum until after the portion needed for rum cake has been used. But nothing goes down better (and faster) than a bottle of cheap Australian wine and a box of Leo's chow mein.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.