Friday, February 25, 2005

Desperate thugs

It would appear that last Saturday was campaign day. I (David) received at least 3 calls that day (possibly more, but no one left a message) from various DFL conspirators. The calls were all esencially the same:

DFLer: Good morning/afternoon sir, may I speak with Mr. Skelton please?

Me: You already are.

DFLer: Great! And how are you today?

Me: Tired.

DFLer: Well I’ll try to make this quick then. My name is Joe Shmoe, and I’m calling on behalf of the DFL party, just checking to see if you have plans to attend your precinct caucus on Tuesday March 1st.

Me: I have made such plans.

DFLer: Wonderful! And have you given any thought as to who you would like to endorse for mayor?

Me: Yes. I have given it some thought, but I haven’t arrived at any conclusions yet.

DFLer: You’re not thinking about Kelly are you? Because we know where you live, and it’d be a shame if something bad were to happen to you or your home.

Obviously the diehards are taking this one seriously. I suspect that there is a good chance that they’ll get their way though. I don’t foresee the precinct caucuses drawing the same numbers as they did last year. Call me pessimistic, but I’m guessing that frustration with the local level of government isn’t as great of a motivator for people to interrupt their Law & Order(s) and Scrubs. But fear not Saint Paulites, for you can entrust your vote with me, the same man who confidently voted for Al Sharpton last year. Though I can’t guarantee I’ll have any more success with my mayoral pick than I did with my presidential pick, I can at least assure you that I won’t be voting for Kelly.

For those who don’t watch Law & Order(s) or Scrubs and plan to attend your caucus (regardless of which party’s caucus it may be), keep your eyes peeled here. As soon as I can remember where I put it, I will post some language for a resolution that calls for instant runoff voting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.