Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Mystery mag

After receiving my second National Geographic magazine, along with a societal membership certificate that is more elaborate than my diploma (though I suspect the signatures on my diploma are genuine), I (David) decided to call the publication to ensure that they weren’t charging my credit cards without my permission. The kind woman answering the phone informed me that a subscription had been given to me as a Christmas gift, and that there is no need for concern. She also scolded me for allowing my first issue to be given to inquiring adolescents rather than shelving it next to the Lenore comic books. Despite my pleas, this woman refused to give me the name of the gift giver. She was confident that the individual (or family?) would reveal themselves soon enough.

Upon learning of this gift, I scoured through the Christmas cards, trying to find evidence of someone that I may have forgotten to thank. But I was unable to locate any mention of a gift subscription. So hopefully whoever has given me this subscription knows me well enough to know where this blog is, and that they will read this entry and let me know it was him/her/them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.