Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Flash from the Past

Despite having a nonstop day last Thursday (work, a meeting, and a 3-hour class) I (Heather) and my coworker decided to go to the SHSK show. We decided if we're going to be tired at work all day Friday, why not be tired together?! We arrived around 10pm and SHSK didn't take the stage till after 11:30. I had the usual responsibilty of being the photograher. It's a hard job because with each flash of the bulb, I wonder if it is in any way blinding or distracting to the musicians. It seems to be more distracting to the audience than the band. The viewfinder just sucks on our camera. Especially in the dark. So with each shot, it's a hit or miss if I actually photograph anything of value. So, perhaps by the next show, David and I will do some research and get a quality camera.

During the show, a guy that I knew back in high school walked in. Actually, he was one of my best friends back then. I worked with him and his dad for a while at Kowalski's. He dated my best friend for a short time also. I didn't say anything about him to my coworker thinking it wasn't really relevant. Then she turned to me and said that she recognized him from the band in a cabaret performance that she had been telling me about earlier in the evening. Small world! So I told her about my history with him and how he and his band played at my high school graduation open house. I have yet to show her the video from my party. He hasn't really changed a lot except for the fact that he has an uncanny resemblance to Elvis now. To this day, I still suspect that he has my Wharf Rat Bar t-shirt from Baltimore but he always claimed ignorance. I actually went back to Baltimore several years later just to get another shirt, but that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.