Friday, June 10, 2005

Guilty!

I (David) received a summons for Jury duty the other day. It seems that the county knew exactly when I had a vacation planned, and they wanted to ruin it. I put in for a postponement. If they reject it for some reason, then they’re going to have a tough time finding a jury for me to sit on. Do the manufacturers of novelties make temporary tattoos in the shape of a swastika?

If the postponement is successful though, then all should work out well, provided that I don’t get stuck on a long trial. My employer is only willing to pay me for 2 weeks of jury duty. Despite my recent raise, I don’t think I can afford to take any unpaid leave. Worst-case scenario, though, would simply leave me as a juror who nods off during the proceedings. One of the advantages of working nights is that I’d still have a half hour after work to make it to the courthouse. On the odd chance you’re charged with a serious crime in Ramsey County in the next few months, make sure your lawyer brings some No-doz with him/her.

1 Comments:

Blogger hereNT said...

Bring a book. And take the week off. I was working nights and got a summons - they have to give you time off of work. They don't have to pay you, but my company did. I never sat on a case, spent most of my time surfing the net on my laptop and getting sent home at noon once they had jurors for all the cases. It was great!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

.