Friday, November 12, 2004

Window dressing

It had been over 4 months since Microsoft’s Hotmail sent me (David) a message stating “you can also look forward to an upgrade in your storage capacity. In fact, you'll receive 125 times your current email storage”. Yesterday they finally made the upgrade. For awhile there I thought I was going to have to switch permanent e-mail addresses yet again because I was having trouble deleting e-mail on a daily basis to prevent my box from getting full. Now I can finally find my own time to read all those list-serve messages that are sent to all of the MN-BPA board members.

Speaking of the board. I have spent the last week or so testing the waters on a bicycle culture fashion show idea. I got the impression that one of my contacts in the bicycle culture thought the idea was laughable. However, potential helpers as well as responding board members all seemed to be thrilled with the idea. The final inspiration that pushed my idea into action was the Strib article featuring Tim from a few posts ago. I’m not sure how reliable help from St. Kates’ home economics students would be, but I’m still interested in pushing this to fruition. Not only would it be fun to see if it actually works as an advocacy project targeting those outside of the choir we typically preach to, but it would also mean that I finally did something constructive as a board member.

Goal for the weekend: getting the rest of the disassembled windows finished to the point where they can be put back in their casings (it is getting cold in our house).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.