Thursday, March 17, 2005

It’s all Mine!



Actually, it is Heather’s. But I (David) am the one who clicked on the “buy it now” feature. Last fall I thought about building Heather a nice lightweight road bike. But the frame I had (pictured above) wasn’t working out for the project. The shifting arrangements and brakes just wouldn’t have been very ergonomic. So I thought it’d be nice to someday find a similar frame and then eventually find some cheap STI shifters to put on it.

Well, that is what I’m doing; only I’m doing it backwards. I still need to replace the frame. So if anyone out there has a comparably sized lightweight steel (or even lighter, less sturdy metal) frame and fork, then let me know. I’d be glad to trade this Peugeot UO-8 clone for it. It is a beauty, light as a feather, and due to an incompatibly French rear brake mount, it would make a great fixed gear or coaster brake conversion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.