Sunday, November 21, 2004

Be prepared

Well the Mounds Park Saturday night ride was a success. Taking the time to set out wood at the fire pit before hand made it easy to convince the crew to head east. Unfortunately, I (David) wasn’t expecting 23 people to show up to the ride. Though only 20 of them made it all the way to the fire pit, it quickly became obvious that we needed more wood. The last fire ride I went on, I recall there only being 5 or 6 people. Fortunately, Jeremy brought his hatchet, so we were able to collect additional wood.

The ride itself was great. It was nice to know I could do whatever I want on the ride without having to worry about a ten or more mile commute home afterward. I was able to take liberties like drinking a variety of beverages (rum, beer, whisky, and wine). The headache when I woke up this morning was even manageable.

It was nice to go so far into St. Paul. When we got to the top of the hill at Mounds Park, I suspect people developed a better understanding of what it entails for me to go on these rides. Ironically, Tim led a group of early departers. Tim was the one who would give me grief for leaving early (1:00 am) when we would go to North Minneapolis or Hopkins. When I did finally leave last night, at 2:05, I was home before 2:10, and in bed by 2:20. I think I’m going to have to start looking around for additional secluded fire pits on the East Side. Though next time I may have to promise even more fire wood and a case of beer to ensure folks head this way.

That’s all for now. It’s time to go watch Mark Martin win the Nextel Cup!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.