Monday, November 15, 2004

Ska frenzy

With my (David’s) academic career coming to an end, I have begun to realize that soon I will permanently have many free hours per week that are no longer dedicated to the world of academia. Realizing this has given me a fear that between work, chores, fixing up the house, The MN-BPA board of directors responsibility, organizing a block club, regularly participating in weekly social rides, next years Nascar season (there is still one race left for this year, and Mark Martin still has a chance of taking the cup), and spending time with the wife, I just might not have enough to do. So I thought, perhaps I should play in a Ska band or two. Actually, I had been considering this for some months. But on Sunday, I actually placed a call to confirm an open invitation to attend rehearsal for one newly forming Ska band. Then this morning, I found an e-mail from a former Suspect Bill member who has also invited me to a rehearsal for a new band (that consists mainly of old members). I’m looking forward to dusting off the old amplifier. But I’m still wondering what I’m going to do with the rest of my free time.

Heather has actually decided to take the opposite approach. She is planning to leave one of her three jobs. Of course, once she realizes the abundance of free time this will give her, then perhaps she will take up the clarinet again. Soon we’ll all be calling her Ms. Goodman (not to be confused with Amy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.