Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Throwing stones at birds

I (David) have finally started working a second job. The BPA needed help with the membership database. Since I already had my hands full as a volunteer, it became a paid gig when I stepped up. The great thing about it is that it is predominantly computer work, so I can do it during the downtime at my regular job. That’s right, I have two jobs and I work them simultaneously. My co-worker is getting jealous, so I might have him stuff envelopes when I’m on vacation in April.

The job only pays $10 per hour, but then an extra $70 to $100 per week without an additional time commitment is fine with me. There is talk of raising it to $15 per hour, but that won’t be decided until next month’s board meeting. Unfortunately most of the time consuming work will be done by then. Even if the wage doesn’t go up as the workload goes down, before long I will have likely earned enough money to pay off our rather substantial debt to the IRS (I thought the silver lining to this hurricane was that Bush was going to reduce my taxes … Just kidding; I know better). Of course, this debt could be paid off even faster if I invest enough time into BPA’s pedi-cab project this summer. This would require an additional time commitment, but it’s not like I’d really be working or anything.

In the meantime, I think I’m going to head over to the Human Resources department and change my W-4 form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.