Thursday, June 23, 2005

Fiery hot chili

Congratulations to Tomo for beating out his brother, Jason, in the firefighters’ chili contest. Jason was a former grand champion. Not only had he won the local level contest, but he went on to win in some broader category.

Though we have yet to sample Tomo’s chili, we did manage, by great coincidence, to sample Jason’s prize-winning chili some time ago. When we were looking for a house a year and a half ago, we asked our realtor to show us a newly listed house on Montreal Ave. The realtor wasn’t sure if there would be anyone home, so before opening the key box, she rang the doorbell. To our surprise, Jason answered. He invited us in to look at the house. Before we left, we chatted about his task at hand. He was just finishing a batch of chili to be entered into a contest. He gave us each a taste. Though I (David) am not big on beefy foods, I must admit, it was of prize-winning caliber.

I can’t imagine what Tomo must have done to top that. Of course, from what I remember, the making of good food runs in their family. But, one thing I can’t remember, is who’s idea it was to sample Nugget’s dog food back in our childcare days. I’m fairly certain that it wasn’t me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.